Communications and strategic marketing support for the Department of English is managed by the Student Marketing and Communications Team — a four-student unit responsible for handling day-to-day needs as well as consulting on larger projects and initiatives — located in the Makers Space (Denney Hall 421).
Whenever possible, the Student Marketing and Communications Team fields project requests from individuals or groups. The ability to accept a project depends on the time of year the request is submitted and the project queue. If a project cannot be accepted, you will be notified immediately and consulted about alternate methods to consider for moving forward. Because the Student Marketing and Communications Team serves such a large number of people, the turnaround time can be longer than expected. As such, it is strongly recommended that you consult the "Other Services" section below as early as possible when planning a project or event.
STUDENT MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
The Student Marketing and Communications Team is supervised by Digital Media Specialist Elizabeth Falter.
- Monthly department e-newsletter and research and scholarship digest
- Website management and development
- Communications email account management: email@example.com
- Social media management and content curation
- Department promotion
- Course promotion
- Event promotion
- Content creation (for the website, social media and print)
- Project assessment and analytics tracking
- Strategic communications and marketing planning
- General support and consultation
The following requests can be addressed by emailing the Student Marketing and Communications Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Update existing People page
- Update existing webpage
- Request promotional materials: Posters, postcards, bookmarks, buttons, pens, etc.
The following requests can be addressed by completing the webforms linked below (forthcoming):
SUBMIT A PROJECT REQUEST
The following requests can be initiated by emailing the Student Marketing and Communications Team directly at email@example.com.
Formal email communications are becoming increasingly popular, but there's a lot to think about: mailing lists, responsive design, open rates, adapting your writing style from print to web/HTML styles. We can design HTML templates for formal communications, save-the-dates, invitations and other purposes. We can also consult on how to time the deployment of email campaigns and how to track their efficacy.
Types of email communications
- Formal communication on behalf of a unit: Alumni outreach, community outreach, donor outreach, recruitment, etc.
- Event invitations and save-the-dates
We can help you create print materials to showcase the strength of your program or area: recruitment brochures, direct mail, event invitations, giveaway items, posters, postcards, programs, signs, bookmarks, banners and more.
Types of print materials
- Events: Posters, programs, event schedules, invitations, lobby signs
- Mailings: Stationary, envelopes, postcards
- Recruitment: Brochures and bookmarks
- Giveaways and general promotion: Banners and signs, business card-sized promos, postcard-sized promos