DEPARTMENT-AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS, PUBLICATIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Several student-run undergraduate organizations are affiliated with the Department of English directly or indirectly (by virtue of having an English faculty member as an advisor). These organizations offer all undergraduates the chance to network with other students who share their interest in English studies, get to know our English faculty, and serve as active participants in the life of the department. All organizations, publications and opportunities are located on the Columbus campus unless otherwise noted.
- Asterism (Lima campus): Asterism: an undergraduate literary journal is edited by undergraduates and publishes works by Ohio State Lima students and area high school students. In 2016, they made the decision to seek submissions from undergraduates from across the United States and beyond. They are dedicated to encouraging and promoting new writers.
- The Cornfield Review (Marion campus): The Cornfield Review is an annual publication showcasing fine poetry, prose and visual arts, edited and produced by students from The Ohio State University at Marion, and distributed online by The Ohio State University Libraries.
- English Undergraduate Organization: EUGO is a community of undergraduates who sponsor social and service activities as well as academic and professional development events. All of the department's undergraduates are automatically members of EUGO and are invited to participate in the group's activities. EUGO selects the winners of several faculty awards and represents the undergraduate body alongside faculty, lecturers and graduate students on at least two departmental committees. EUGO is also on Facebook. For more information about the group, email the executive board at email@example.com.
- ghost flower (Newark campus): ghost flower is edited, curated and formatted by students from The Ohio State University at Newark and hosted online by The Ohio State University Libraries.
- The Grove — An Undergraduate Creative Writing Community: The Grove fosters a community of creative writers who provide feedback and support to one another. The Grove offers undergraduates the chance to write and discuss their work with other writers. Members read poems aloud, share prompts for fast-write, and make friends who share their English interests. Email their executive board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lord Denney’s Players, the English department’s theatre company, was founded in 2014 to give Ohio State undergraduates, graduate students, staff and faculty in all fields of study an opportunity to engage in experiential learning and research in the plays of Shakespeare and his contemporaries. LDP uses theatre as a lab space to explore knotty issues of textual transmission and literary history that have long vexed scholars, and because of this focus, their productions are internationally indexed and peer reviewed in top-tier journals.
- Mosaic Undergraduate Art and Literature Magazine: Mosaic publishes the art and literature of Ohio State undergraduates. Students are welcome to submit creative content, join the magazine staff, apply for leadership positions, and read our free magazine available through the Department of English. Mosaic is on Facebook.