English majors and minors have access to the department's academic advisors on a daily basis. Our dedicated, in-house English advisors help students select a track within the English major, choose a double major and/or minor, schedule general education and major courses and prepare petitions and graduation applications. In addition, they assist students interested in pursuing independent research or creative projects to locate faculty mentors, provide students with information about study abroad and scholarship opportunities and evaluate English courses for transfer credit. Student may schedule an advising appointment or seek assistance during our drop-in hours.
DROP-IN ACADEMIC ADVISING
Students are welcome to come by 421 Denney Hall for drop-in advising on any advising matter (except career advising) at the following times:
- Tuesdays | 9:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.
- Thursdays | 9:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.
Call the English front desk at 614-292-6065 to schedule an advising appointment or stop by the desk in 421 Denney Hall.
*Please note that we do not currently take appointments for minor declarations. If you would like to declare a minor (or if you are interested in receiving information about a minor), please complete this form or come to drop-in advising hours.
MaryKatherine Ramsey (.240) provides advising services for students in the Department of English. MaryKatherine is available to help students:
- Understand the general education and English major requirements and think about possible double majors and minors
- Schedule classes
- Learn about the department's diverse minor programs
- Complete curriculum and registration petitions
- Explore study abroad and scholarship opportunities
- Apply to graduate
Katie Stanutz (.3) offers career advising for English majors. She's available to discuss:
- Career preparation and job searches
- Job documents (resumes, cover letters, etc.)
- Graduate school