MFA in Creative Writing Student
029 Denney Hall
164 Annie & John Glenn Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Creative writing (fiction, nonfiction and poetry)
- MS, Literature and Writing, Utah State University, 2021
- BS, English (Creative Writing), Utah State University, 2018
Andrew Romriell is a writer, poet and photographer from Salt Lake City, UT. He earned his MS in literature and writing and his BS in English from Utah State University. While there, he completed a master’s thesis about growing up as a closeted gay man within the Christian Mormon religion and also helped create the university’s current international literary journal Sink Hollow, serving as its managing poetry editor. He has earned various awards for his writing and photography, including multiple placements in Utah’s Original Writing Competition as well as first place in art, nonfiction, fiction and poetry in USU’s 2021 Creative Writing Contest. His work has been featured or is forthcoming in journals such as The Great River Review, South 85 Literary Journal, Beyond Words, Tinge Magazine and elsewhere. He writes about queerness, religion, body image, gender identity and sexuality.
- "A Re-established Poetic Dictionary of the Voiceless." Sink Hollow, Creative Writing Contest, no. 2, 9 April 2020.
- "Alchemic-like: 16 Ways to Look at Transformation." Sink Hollow, Creative Writing Contest, no. 3, 23 April 2021.
- "Whiskey-dick." Beyond Queer Words—A Collection of Poems, Beyond Words Publishing House, 28 February 2020.
- "Gracious Ruin." South 85 Literary Journal, Fall/Winter 2018, November 2018.
- "The Becoming." Sink Hollow, Creative Writing Contest, no. 3, 23 April 2021.