PhD in English Student
461 Denney Hall
164 Annie and John Glenn Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Comics studies
- Film studies
- Popular culture studies
- MA, Humanities, University of Chicago
- BA, English, University of New Mexico
Morgan Podraza is a PhD candidate who teaches, researches and writes about popular culture. From comics and movies to toys and memes, her courses and publications explore how we play with media and how those experiences shape our relationships with ourselves and one another.
She has presented at a variety of conferences and events, including the International Comic Arts Forum and TEDxOhioStateUniversity. Her writing can be found online on Women Write About Comics and The Middle Spaces as well as in print in Horror Studies and The Routledge Companion to the British and North American Literary Magazine.
- “RAW Materials.” The Routledge Companion to the British and North American Literary Magazine, edited by Tim Lanzendörfer, Routledge, 2022, pp. 391–400.
- “Forty years later: Laurie Strode and the survival of the Final Girl.” Horror Studies vol. 12, no. 1, 2021, pp. 133–47.
- “Curating ‘Ladies First’: An Interview with Caitlin McGurk and Rachel Miller.” Women Write About Comics. Interview. November 2019.
- "How are sonic and haptic experiences related in The Mind MGMT Recruitment Book and Record?" The Middle Spaces. “Seeing Sounds / Hearing Pictures” Roundtable, April 2019.