505 Denney Hall
Areas of Expertise
- British fascination with the medieval North
- Folklore studies
- Medieval Iceland and Scandinavia
- Myth and mythography
- Old Norse-Icelandic literature
- Scandinavian national romanticism
- PhD, University of California – Berkeley, 2006
Specializations: Old Norse-Icelandic literature, folklore on and off the Internet, and nineteenth-century Norwegian literature and culture.
Articles on: Irruptions of the past and the supernatural in Icelandic sagas; Out-Thoring Thor in the Great Saga of Olaf Tryggvason; Ibsen's Dramatic Realism and the publication of folklore collections; The Icelandic reception of Ibsen's The Vikings at Helgeland.
Major courses taught: Nordic Mythology; The Medieval Icelandic Saga; Legend; Myth; Old Norse-Icelandic Language