353 Denney Hall
164 Annie & John Glenn Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Rhetoric and composition
- Business and professional writing
- Technical writing
- Scientific writing
- Visual rhetoric
- Research methods
- PhD, University of Maryland, 2008
- MA, University of Maryland, 2002
- BA, Drew University, 2000
Jonathan Buehl, associate professor and vice chair of Rhetoric, Composition and Literacy Studies, researches and teaches courses on technical writing, scientific writing, pedagogy, technical editing, proposal writing and research methods. He is the author of Assembling Arguments: Multimodal Rhetoric and Scientific Discourse (University of South Carolina Press). His essays have appeared in College Composition and Communication, Technical Communication Quarterly and Landmark Essays on Archival Research. With Alan Gross, he edited Science and the Internet: Communicating Knowledge in a Digital Age (Baywood Publishing Company, Inc.).
- Assembling Arguments: Multimodal Rhetoric and Scientific Discourse. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 2016.
- Science and the Internet: Communicating Knowledge in a Digital Age. Amityville, NY: Baywood Publishing Company, Inc., 2016.
- “Style and the Professional Writing Curriculum: Teaching Stylistic Fluency through Science Writing.” The Centrality of Style. Eds. Michael Duncan and Star Medzarian Vanguri. Anderson, SC and Fort Collins, CO: Parlor Press and the WAC Clearinghouse, 2013. 279-308.
- “Toward an Ethical Rhetoric of the Digital Scientific Image: Learning from the Era when Science Met Photoshop.” Technical Communication Quarterly 23.3 (2014): 184-206.
- “Training in Archives: Archival Research as Professional Development.” College Composition and Communication 64.2 (Dec 2012): 274-305.