The DMP offers a wide variety of resources for instructional assistance, whether you're teaching in a DMP classroom, a different space, or online. The DMP staff can hold a wide variety of workshops for your class, either in person or virtually. If you're interested in scheduling a workshop, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out the list below of resources for multimodal composition and other digital instruction and projects.
Ohio State Resources
- U.OSU.EDU: Ohio State has a license with Wordpress to help student set up and develop websites. This link will take you to their main page where you can get access to support materials for how to start and how to use this web platform.
- Software Available Through OSU: Looking for what other services or software the university offers? Follow this link to get access to download various software like the Adobe Creative Suite or the Microsoft Office apps.
- Digital Flagship: Ohio State’s Digital Flagship can direct you to resources for using multimodal composition apps on iPads or getting you ready for coding and app development/design.
- Writing Center: Looking to get ideas and feedback about your work? Make an appointment with Ohio State’s Writing Center. Their tutors are trained to work with individuals on their projects at any stage of the creation process. NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the Writing Center is doing only virtual appointments. Check out their website for information on virtual appointment options.
- IT Service Desk: The IT Service Desk offers 24-hour support, 7 days a week via the contact information on their website.
- Digital Union: The Digital Union is more than just a high tech computer lab. They offer free 3-D printing, state of the art video and audio studios, meeting space and more. They can help with things like manipulating images in Photoshop, merging PDF files, editing video, graphing data in excel, formatting a lab report, recording a voiceover, and scanning photos. All resources and assistance are free, with the exception of printing.
- BuckeyeBar: BuckeyeBar offers face-to-face technology consultation and service for Ohio State students, faculty and staff.
They provide support for portable devices (laptops, tablets, and smartphones) in a wide variety of cases. NOTE: Due to COVID-19, only the Thompson Library BuckeyeBar location is open, and is by appointment only. The IT Service Desk offers 24-hour support, 7 days a week.