Catherine C. Braun
Associate Professor and Coordinator of the Professional Writing Minor
118 Morrill Hall
Areas of Expertise
- Rhetoric, composition and literacy
- Digital media studies
- Professional writing
- Film studies
- PhD, The Ohio State University, 2006
With research interests at the intersection of rhetoric/composition and literacy studies and digital media studies, Catherine C. Braun has published a book, Cultivating Ecologies for Digital Media Work: The Case of English Studies, with Southern Illinois University Press, as well as articles and digital scholarship in a variety of venues, including Computers and Composition Online and Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy. She teaches first-year writing, professional writing, digital media and film courses and coordinates the minor in professional writing at the Marion campus.
- Cultivating Ecologies for Digital Media Work: The Case of English Studies. Carbondale: SIUP, 2014.
- “Stirred, Not Shaken: An Assessment Remixology.” Digital Writing Assessment and Evaluation. Eds. Heidi McKee and Danielle Nicole DeVoss. Logan: Computers and Composition Digital Press/Utah State University Press, 2013.
- “This Is Scholarship.” Kairos 12.3 (May 2008).
- “Remixing Basic Writing: Digital Media Production and the Basic Writing Curriculum.” Computers and Composition Online (Spring 2007).