Students may earn academic credit through the English department for internships that provide them with opportunities for exploring potential career fields and work environments and/or preparing them for post-graduation, entry-level employment. Academic credit may be earned for both paid and unpaid internships. Students should seek approval of their internships for academic credit prior to beginning the work itself.
To find out whether your internship qualifies for academic credit, email email@example.com. Your email should contain all of the following:
- Your Ohio State name.####
- Name of the organization with which you will intern
- Name and email address of the person who will supervise your work
- A brief description, three or four sentences, outlining your internship duties and responsibilities
- Dates of the internship and the number of hours you will work each week
- Term in which you hope to receive credit for the internship (e.g., Fall 2017)
If your internship is approved for academic credit, we will work with you to ensure that you are enrolled in the appropriate number of credit hours of English 5191, the department's internship course. This course is not a traditional, in-person course; however, participating students must meet a few other requirements (reflection exercises, etc.) in order to earn a grade of "Satisfactory" and receive credit for their internships.
If if students have questions about internships, earning credit, or English 5191, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.