PhD in English Student
507 Denney Hall
164 Annie and John Glenn Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- American literature
- Narrative theory
- Beginning composition
- MA, English, San Diego State University, 2016
- BA, English, San Diego State University, 2012
Bonnie Opliger received her BA and MA from San Diego State University where she completed an MA thesis on American Gothic and Neo-Gothic texts. She currently studies contemporary American literature, film and narrative theory at OSU. She was hired as a Writing Program Administrator for the First-Year Writing Program at OSU from 2018-2019, and has worked as a LASER Hub Coordinator through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion since 2016.
- "Wandering Their Own Deserts." American Book Review, vol. 41, no. 2, 2020, pp. 13.
- “Racialized Comedic Sidekicks in Disney’s Cinderella and The Princess and the Frog.” Cultural Studies in the Digital Age. San Diego State University Press, 2020, pp. 232-250.
- "Reviewed Work: Crimson Peak by Guillermo del Toro." Chiricú Journal: Latina/o Literatures, Arts, and Cultures, vol. 1, no. 1, 2016, pp. 158-160.
- pacificREVIEW: A West Coast Arts Review Annual (Lurking Anonymity), edited by Bonnie Opliger et al., San Diego State University Press, 2016.