PhD in English Candidate
555 Denney Hall
Areas of Expertise
- Rhetoric, composition and literacy
- MA, Eastern Michigan University, 2014
- BA, University of Michigan, 2011
Areas of scholarly interest include:
1) Composition pedagogy: I focus in particular on undergraduate pedagogy and general education composition courses such as First-Year Composition, using concepts of genre and transfer as analytical lenses.
2) Writing Across the Curriculum/Writing in the Disciplines (WAC/WID): I am invested particularly in gaining a better understanding of how different disciplines conceptualize and teach writing to undergraduate students and how disciplinary values shape pedagogical practices.
3) Writing center theory and practice: I attend specifically to issues surrounding best practices for tutoring in different contexts and for different student-writers; training and development for tutors; and online writing consultation work.