PhD in English Student
Areas of Expertise
- Science Fiction
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Contemporary American Literature
- Disability Studies
- LGBTQ Students in Higher Education
- Liberative Pedagogy
- BA, Literature and Art, University of California, Santa Cruz 2003
- MA, English, Claremont Graduate University, 2013
Appy is a Ph.D. student in the Department of English. Before returning to school, he worked in higher educational settings for seven years supporting LBGTQ students, most recently at the Student Life Multicultural Center of The Ohio State University. In addition to educational praxis, Appy researches representations of race, gender and disability in science fiction.
“After Student Activism: Co-Curricular Engagement in Solidarity and Healing.” Queer, Trans, and Intersectional Theory in Educational Practice, ed. Cris Mayo and Mollie Blackburn, Routledge, 2020.