MFA in Creative Writing Student
They/them/theirs // he/him/his
029 Denney Hall
164 Annie & John Glenn Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Creative writing (poetry)
- Film & televisual studies
- Translation studies
- BA, English (Film & Media Studies, Translation Studies), Bucknell University, 2017
Daniel Barnum is an MFA candidate in poetry, and serves as the associate managing editor of The Journal. They are a 2019 Best of the Net nominee and former fellow at the Bucknell Seminar for Younger Poets. Their poems, essays, and translations appear in or are forthcoming from Pleiades, Hayden’s Ferry Review, Cutthroat, The Cortland Review, The Offing, Muzzle, and elsewhere. Their chapbook manuscript, Names for Animals, was selected as the winner of the 2019 Robin Becker Prize, to be published by Seven Kitchens Press in winter 2020.
- Two Poems. Muzzle. August 2019.
- "Holding Patterns." The Offing. July 2019.
- “The Shake-up.” Barrow Street, January 2019.